Friday 9 January 2009

I've Been A Busy Bee...






Today, I was determined to get some miniatures under way. Well, you know the score, we all start off with good intentions. Its like looking for, the proverbial needle, in a haystack here. The trouble being that all my Stash is scattered all over the place. (Mick, says I have too much, that's why I can't find anything). How can you have too much stash???. I've been looking for all my miniature material, started off in the Caravan, no not there, had a poke around out in the Garage (never, ever, wear white, when entering a garage covered with crap and cobwebs). Then tried in the boot room, and yes, I managed to find a couple of bags of antique lace, ribbons and my bow maker. (Do you like my bow maker, it's just a bit of wood, with two nails hammered through it).But still couldn't find the box filled with all my wonderful silks and cottons. Grrrrrr, I think its in one of the boxes in the top of the barn. Well there was no way, I was rooting round up there today. So brought the other bags, back indoors and managed to find in the chaos, nothing is folded, just shoved in for good measure, well you can get more in the bag that way,one piece of Gold coloured Silk. So I've made a miniature dress and a pair of silk slippers, (ignore the brown paper shoved in them, it's keeping them in shape as they dry) for a dressed trunk that I want to do. Please don't ask for a pattern, cause I don't have one, as I make them by eye, so that everyone is different. I've also made another couple of pairs of slippers, well our little inhabitant's get cold feet to. I also filled up a couple of jar's with the Liquorice Allsorts, for "Honeydukes". I've also made a couple of other things, but I can't show them as they are gifts for some miniature friends, who read my blog and I want it to be a surprise. All I'll say is someone's involves the colour pink...And it's not your's Marsha. Have I told you before Marsha loves Pink...

8 comments:

Erika said...

The dress and the slippers where lovely. For my bathroom roombox I`m going to make a Nightdress and a negligee.

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

He he he, the dress and the slippers are wonderful. I love the color!!! Personally, I think making clothing off a doll is a LOT more difficult!!

Jemjoop said...

The old scattered minis dilemma. Always made particularly worse by the holiday rush to tidy up.
Beautiful dress and slippers, and Honeydukes jars as well. You have been busy.

nikkinikkinikki72 said...

Gosh Debbie. Your desk is much tidier than mine... lol

kimsminiatures said...

You have been busy, You always seem to accomplish so much in a day. It inspires me to try harder to get things done. Lol Everything you make is so wonderful. Is there anything you can't do? Pink is such a nice happy color. Marsha has good taste I know!!! :) I laughed when you mentioned no pattern I don't do anything like your are supposed too. I just sorta do it. Not the best at following directions. Lol. Mini hugs!

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

LOL, Kim, seems we all do things pretty much by the seat of our pants, ha ha ha I am also NOT good at remembering/documenting how I do things so I'm always reinventing the wheel, LOL

I have to agree, Debbie, you do accomplish a lot in one day!!! Makes me tired . . . think I'll take a nap in the pink guest room, ROTFL

Lisa said...

These are fabulous Debbie!!!
YOu should be proud of yourself : )

Debbie said...

Thanks everyone for the lovely comments.
Nikki, I can assure you, my desk is a complete mess, I only took a photo of the clear space on my tile..LOL.

Related Posts with Thumbnails