Thursday 22 January 2015

Merlin

    My Magnificent Merlin, my beautiful Bear, Newfoundland & Gentle Giant, left us today to run free at the Bridge and he has taken a piece of my Heart with him. 
From the moment we picked you up as a Puppy, we had a special bond, you were always my gentle bear. My protector who would always sit on my feet, right in front of me, when we met someone new, putting yourself between me and them. A babysitter for the other animals including the Ponies, we often wondered if you thought you were a Pony. The times you would steal our things, but never chew them, just hold them in your slobbery jaws. A lover of Children who you would let hug you tight and you'd never move, just drawl all over them. You'd make us laugh how you'd do that woof, throw yourself on the floor and roll over for your belly to be tickled or to be hoovered. Silly Bear. How if we throw a Snowball and it hit the floor, you would dig in the Snow to try and find it.How you used to shake your head and cover us and everything else in your slobber, that could travel at jet speed. Visitors were warned never to wear nice clothes when visiting, because they would always go home with some of the "Merlinators", slobber somewhere on their person.
It was an honour to have such a magnificent beastie in my life. How I will miss you slobber chops, until we meet again.
R.I.P Merlin aka The Merlinator (Mileoak De Villiers) 15th March 2005 ~ 22nd January 2015




Merlin looking over the stable door into the Kitchen.

Give me a Cuddle

Merlin & Katie

Merlin babysitting Moses
This leaf came home attached to the slobber


Merlin in his Paddling Pool
He grew into those Paws

Playing Peek A Boo over the Wall



Merlin carrying off Harry's Coat

Merlin with his Rugby Ball


20 comments:

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Beautiful tribute to your sweet bear. I am so very sorry, Debbie. I know how painful it is. I am crying with you and sending you a big ((HUG)). xoxo Marsha

coltpixy said...

I am so sorry for your loss. ((((hugs))))

Anthoula said...

RIP Merlin...
Debbie I was very moved by your words and I can totally relate to you and your loss...
I have grown up with dogs and know they are family!
He will always be in your heart as he has given his to you!

12Create said...

My thoughts are with you. Enjoy the happy memories. What a beautiful beautiful boy.

Caseymini said...

Debbie, I am so sorry. We just recently lost our cat, Widget. It is a sad time, but you obviously have wonderful memories. He was beautiful and a kind spirit. Thank you for sharing the memories with us.

Giac said...

Hello Debbie,
I am so sorry for your great loss. I will be thinking about you and yours.
Big hug,
Giac

Giac said...

Hello Debbie,
I am so sorry for your great loss. I will be thinking about you and yours.
Big hug,
Giac

Pepper said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Merlin. It is lovely to read you have so many fond memories of him and I hope this will lift your heart when you think of him.
*hugs*

Troy said...

So sorry to hear about Merlin. He was a beautiful dog. You have posted some great pictures of great memories. Troy

Alison Shibata said...

((Hugs)), Debbie, so sorry to hear of Merlin's passing. They leave us too soon :^((((

shannonc60 said...

Such a sad day. Sending love. He sounded very well loved and he will be sadly missed.

miniaturista said...

Me he emocionado leyendo tus palabras, ese perro ha sido muy especial, parte de la familia y vuestra vida y le echareis en falta,tuvisteis la suerte de tenerle y el la de teneros, porque estoy seguro que ha vivido muy feliz y se ha llevado un gran recuerdo.
Merlin ha sido un afortunado con vosotros.
Un abrazo
Maite

Unknown said...

I am sorry for your loss, he sure seemed to have a loving and happy life. I hope your thoughts will be on the happy times.
~J

Fabiola said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.
He will always be in your heart.

Hannah said...

Sorry for your loss!! He looks so cosy and sweet! Beautiful dog!
take care
Hannah

elizabeth s said...

This is always the hard part of owning a pet. There is a "hello" and then a "good-bye, my special friend". I lost my Max Maxwell, last May and like your Merlin, there are so many magic moments that I will continue to miss. Merlin has had a great home with much love both in the giving and the receiving, and what more could anyone, man or beast, desire.

elizabeth

Unknown said...

So sorry Debbie, that's the hardest part having pet's is the saying goodbye, you posted some lovely pictures of your gentle giant,I am sure he is still with you in spirit, sending you love and hugs x

Adrianna said...

Oh my goodness, he is adorable...I am so sorry , your story was so touching, my tears are falling too.. I Bless you for giving this beautiful boy so much love and happiness..and I send Healing Prayers for what you (all) are going thru...Thank you so much for sharing..

amica said...

Hallo,

es tut mir so leid und ich fühle mit Dir.

http://amica-landseer.blogspot.de/

Liebe Grüße
Sissi

amica said...

Hallo,

es tut mir so leid und ich fühle mit Dir.

http://amica-landseer.blogspot.de/

Liebe Grüße
Sissi

Related Posts with Thumbnails