Thursday 15 January 2009

I Won A Competition....



Hi everyone, I had a lovely surprise yesterday morning. I opened my emails and found that I had won a competition over on Fluffy Bricks blog. The prize was to have my blog advertised on Fluffy Bricks Blog. Please go over and have a look at what I had to say, it went up this morning...
I played with the last piece of hat straw that I had in my stash last night and made another little hat. This time, I've decorated it with antique lace and Lilac ribbon.. Still haven't found anything to use as a mould, so I used my finger again. I'm really pleased with it. Thanks for the tips on how to pull the cotton in the straw, made this one a lot easier.
I'm off out now to do a Home Vetting for Many Tears Animal Rescue, if you have time go over and read about the wonderful work they do. Be warned some of the photographs are upsetting. They are always in need of Donations and help, but its an extremely worth while Charity... Just wish I could do more...........

9 comments:

marlies said...

Hi Debbie, congratulations for winning the contest.
I love the new hat to, you can youse a cork of a wine-bottle as a mould. Nice day, marlies

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Congrats, Debbie!! Well deserved! Your new hat is great! I don't think you need a mold, you're doing just fine without one! Mini hugs, Marsha

nikkinikkinikki72 said...

Hi Debbie. You could make a mould with fimo or clay. I once made a witches hat and made the point out of fimo then moulded my material to this.
May or may not work for you.
Nikkix

Erika said...

Congratulations Debbie.
That new hat is wonderful.

rosanna said...

Hi Debbie, many compliments for your win. I've already gone and had a look. I've some straw, I'll try the hats too. You make it seem simple but somehow I don't believe you. Mini hugs

Enchanted Productions by Joyce Stahl said...

Hi Debbie!

Congratulations on winning the give-a-way!! Yay!

Your new straw hats are amazing too! I love miniatures...I just wish I had more time to get into it! Someday though...I'll have myself a haunted little abode!

Also, thanks for joining in on the fun and becoming a follower of my blog! I have lots of spooky dollie fun planned for the new year!

Enchanted Blessings!
Joycee

Meli Abellán said...

Congratulations Debbie, thanks for following my blog. I enjoy yours, you have such a nice things!!
Best regards,
Meli

Kit said...

Hi Debbie, Congrats on the win. So deserving. The hat is great. Just found you through Joyce Stahl (Isn't she a wonderful artist?)Anyway, I am a miniature lover, too. I am currently working on a vintage doll house. Just started with miniatures again after many years. So glad to find your blog. Please come visit sometime.
Kathy

moti said...

Debbie thanks for following my blog. I had great time visiting yours!!!
Best regards,
Eli

Related Posts with Thumbnails