Tuesday 11 September 2007

Miniature Diagon Alley
















I've taken some piccie's of my 1/12th scale Diagon Alley. It was made by Vic Newey ( http://www.vicnewy.co.uk/ ), I've just been & had a look at his web site and it looks like his prices have risen since we brought this nearly 4 years ago for my 40th Birthday.








Its really special to me as I used some money that my parents had left me & money that other friends & family gave me as birthday gifts. So every time I look at it, it brings back special memories. I had Vic make it to resemble Diagon Alley, as we are huge Harry Potter fans and I wanted something different to his usual street scene.


As you look at the scene from the front I have an Apothecary to the right hand side and to the left, Eeylops Owl Emporium, at the back of the scene is Flourish & Blotts.


Downstairs in the Apothecary is one large room with a big Inglenook fireplace & upstairs another large room with steps leading up to a set of doors. The doors open to view the street below or for launching your broomstick!


This upstairs room will be used as the Wizards workshop where he makes new concoctions and magic potions for downstairs.


In Eeylops, in the downstairs room, their will be all different owls and owl related bits for sale, upstairs there is a big room with a loft room over, haven't quite decided what to do in here yet. But I'm sure the boy's will think of something.
Then right at the back we have Flourish & Blotts which has a sliding back to the window, so you can put the books in.
I've already got quite a few bits & pieces, but their all packed away somewhere in one of the many boxes we have stored.

2 comments:

dvd7 said...

This is wonderful! I've been thinking of making a miniature Diagon Alley, Hogsmeade and other practical locations. There is a replica Hogwarts from The Noble Collection I might get if I can manage the cost sometime.

dvd7 said...

This is wonderful! I've been thinking of making a miniature Diagon Alley, Hogsmeade and other practical locations. There is a replica Hogwarts from The Noble Collection I might get if I can manage the cost sometime.

Related Posts with Thumbnails