Friday 12 March 2010

The Grand Sort Out Has Begun...

Yesterday, I started on the Grand Sort out!..
Just three boxes to start with.
In the first Box, I found my mini drill, watercolour paint box, pencils, thatching and some other assorted tools and quite a few embossing stencils.
In the second box, I found my light box, my pleater, Mick's Husky, (Mick has always wanted a real one, but because we have live stock he can't, so has to make do with a fake one, LOL, maybe I should have kept that to myself!), also in this box was a display of a beach Kiosk, its got a bit bashed so needs some work doing on it. The blue plastic bag was filled with odds and ends but all miniature.
The last box I opened yesterday, contained lots of boxes, in which I'd individually wrapped some precious miniatures that belonged to my Mum. The beautiful Pram being one of them. Which I'm sure Mum brought from Roberson Miniatures.
I also found my Beach Hut that I made from scratch, that's also got a bit battered, but nothing a bit of glue and clamps can't sort out. I also found the room box of my Butchers Shop. Everything inside is wrapped in bubble wrap, so can't show you until its all unwrapped.
It was really quite exciting to see what appeared as each box opened.
I'm going back out there again today, the heating is on so it will be nice and cosy.
I wonder what Tiny Treasures, I'll find today?.....

24 comments:

The Old Maid said...

Boxes with treasures ha! I love the beach house and the pram!

Anthoula said...

Debbie, the pram is absolutely amazing! I want to acquire one just like that one day!

xxx Anthoula

miniacollection said...

When you reopen boxes for me it's like Christmas, because in that case I often find things I had forgotten.
You have plenty of treasures in your boxes.
Geneviève

Debbie said...

Anthoula here's the link to the Pram makers:- http://www.robersonminiatures.co.uk/

Lize said...

It is sometimes nice to rediscover your stuff, isn't it? Then you know why you fell in love with it in the first place, or that NOW is really a good time to get rid of it! The pram is definite top treasure! I am looking forward to see all your stuff fixed (even when you pack so carefully, something always takes an unfortunate knock!)and displayed!

stil-blicke.blogspaot.com said...

Da kommen aber Schätze zum Vorschein... der Kinderwagen ist besonders schön.

Tja, man weis manchmal gar nicht mehr, was noch so in den Kästen ist!

Liebe Grüße PuNo / Monika

Ascension said...

Enhorabuena, es como si hubiesen llegado los Reyes Magos, aunque sean viejos tesoros siempre hace ilusion volverlos a encontrar.
Son una maravilla!!!
besitos ascension

Allison said...

Good luck with the clear-out, Debbie! I've decided to totally empty my craftroom too and have spent all morning sorting out my fabric stash - but that's only the start :(

Begoña said...

What are you gonna do with the things you decide no to keep?? A give it away? A big sale on ebay or etsy??

BTW, have your recieve my parcel??

rosanna said...

Better than Aladin's cave !!! I want to be one of the 40 burglars !! Have a fun Rosanna

Lara said...

Wow, how nice to find such treasures. I like the beach hut very much. The pram is lovely too.

Norma Bennett said...

It must be like Christmas all over again! :) Oh how wonderful that pram is!

Sans! said...

Debbie, how fun!! I too have loads of boxes and they just keep adding up! Running out of places for them (underneath tables/stacked on chairs, under covers etc). I envy you your new work room :). I love that pram! I hope someday, my nieces will treasure my minis the way you treasure your mum's. :)

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

How exciting, Debbie!! Thank you for sharing it all with us! I'm looking forward to it! That pram is beautiful!!!

((Hugs))
Marsha

Caseymini said...

Debbie, I would love to be there to help you unpack. It looks like so much fun! BTW, thanks for the website and info that you sent the other day. I haven't had time to do much about it, but I will.

Good luck with the unpacking. Can't wait to see what other tiny treasures you dig up!

Kathi said...

What fun you are having! Love the little beach hut! Can't wait to see more of your treasures! Thanks for sharing the surprises with us!

Claudia said...

It is like rediscovering everything! I bet you're having fun.

Claudia

Anneke said...

That beach house you made is wonderfull!
like Geneviève said it feels like christmas opening old storage boxes! :D

Glenda/MidSouth said...

It is fun sometimes to go thru boxes that have been stored away for a while. Have a great weekend.

dalesdreams said...

That pram is lovely. :)

Isn't it fun to go treasure hunting through your own stuff? ;)

Lena said...

You seem to have a pleasant work to do, sorting tour boxes out. A lot of treasures, the pram was absolutely lovely, thanks for the link.

Lena!

Pan said...

What lovely stuff - my favourites are the pram and beach hut.

Mercedes Spencer @ Liberty Biberty said...

Wow! The pram is beautiful but I LOVE that beach hut!
Mercedes

Tallulah Belle said...

Wonderful things Dennie.

I hate sorting and cleaning but let me say this is one job I would LOVE to come and help you do :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails