Tuesday 23 June 2009

The Hermitage...

Yesterday Misty from Misty's Musings, left a comment on my blog telling me about a wonderful blog called The Hermitage. Here's what Misty said:-
Debbie,
Have you ever seen the blog The Hermitage? I have been following it for a year or so now. They are a couple that made a beautiful home on wheels and are wandering around the UK and she writes beautifully, like a fairy tale and tells of her and her husband's dealings with the country side. They sell their art and attend fairs to make ends meet. They also stop their home in some very interesting places.Someday I would love to visit your country and see all the green and the history. My father was born in Leeds and my other side of the family are from Scotland and Ireland. My daughter has been there but I haven't yet made the trip. Have a wonderful day...Misty

Well on Misty's recommendation I went over and read this blog from start to finish. I got totally caught up in it. As Misty said it's like a Fairy Tale. They have converted a Horse Box into their home and it is totally amazing. The art work is fabulous, you just really need to see it, but make sure you go back in the blog as there are so many wonderful things to see...
They also have a shop on Etsy..

5 comments:

Jo Raines said...

I will have to check it out! Hope you can see from my blog exactly what has kept me from any significant mini-ing or blogging this summer--our vegetable garden! A first for us as we have farmed hay for a while but planted veggies this year and I dream that giant sqaush plants are strangling me in my sleep! We can hardly keep up with it all during these 90+ degree temps we're having. Joanna and I are slowly working on her house so hopefully will continue to make progress there!

Jody
Mini Leaps and Bounds

Cate and David said...

Oh Debbie! That is exactly what my husband and I fantasize about doing, though in Canada! What a treat to read! I'm getting a cup of tea and going back to the beginning! :D

nikkinikkinikki72 said...

Hi Debbie. Fab blog and when i have time i shall start from the beginning and get to the end. Looks great and will make it my bed time read.
They also have lovely art work from what i have quickly scanned through.

Debbie said...

Hi Jody glad your back with us..x

Cate & David I throughly enjoyed reading The Hermitage, I think your love it..x

Hi Nikki I thought of you when I saw the art work. I just love the way she writes the blog as well. xx

Eva Russo said...

Oh Debbie, so many many thanks for sharing this! I love her drawings and watercolour paintings and the whole "aura" flowing out of the blog...it's immediatly going to be a link in my favourites!
Hugs,
Eva

Related Posts with Thumbnails