Friday 19 June 2009

Ben's Photography Exam....









This morning Mick and I was invited to Ben & Harry's School to view Ben's final pieces for his Photography Exam. Ben is in the lower Sixth Form or Year 12 as they call it now.
He has done two large pieces on Phobia's. One is his phobia about Spiders and the other one is on my Phobia, "Clowns".. In the Spider piece Ben constructed a large Spiders Web and then took pictures of Spiders and webs and these were placed over the web. In the second piece about Clowns, Ben made a mask which his friend Ollie wore, then Ben took photographs of him on a flight of stairs in the School. Its really creepy as four of the photographs are in black and white and only the mask is in colour. He also did a collage of photograph's that he's taken throughout his course.
For his final exam piece he chose "Time Line", he used photographs of my Dad, his Pop's from a child to adulthood, he took a panoramic view of the school grounds and then placed photographs of my Dad into it. It starts in Black and White and then seamlessly runs into colour. There's even a picture of my Dad's face in the clouds. If you click on the photo's they will pop up bigger and you can just see my Dad's face above the Dragon sculpture. I'd already seen this on normal paper, but what a difference when I saw it on proper photographic paper and all put together. Ben will be allowed to keep all his pieces and this one we are going to get framed. My Dad would have been totally chuffed to bits with it and so proud of Ben. I have to admit it did bring a tear to my eye.
We had a really good look round at all the other pupils work and there was some fantastic photography.
Just got to wait now for his final exam results to find out what grade he has achieved...

11 comments:

Tabitha Corsica said...

That's quite a clever and talented boy you have...but then, you already knew that! :o) I'm sure he'll get an excellent grade.

Tabitha

Katie said...

Debbie! Tell Ben these are fantastic! I Really like the one of his Grandfather!! WOW!! Brings a tear to my eye!! Incredible!! Thought the spider web one was really creative!!

:)

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

I'm blown away,Ben, by your photography! Awesome!!

Debbie, I have to agree, the clown one, a bit creepy, well done!

My favorite is the timeline. I can see your dad in you, Debbie ♥

Hugs, Marsha

Ara said...

Oh man I LOVE photography!! And Ben looks to have a real eye for it!! I love the timeline idea and he pulled it off brilliantly! -ara

Whittaker's Miniatures said...

Wow they are amazing Debbie! Clever Ben!
We have Emily's first fashion design exhibiton next week so Ill take the camera to that too, isnt it great to be proud mums and show off their work!! Love the spider web.
Kate and John xx

Mags Cassidy said...

A very talented Son, Debbie.
Those Clowns are spooky!
The Spiders web and the timeline are fantastic.
Well done to Ben.
Mags

Unknown said...

Wow!!! what a talented boy you have there...I'm proud of him to,and I'm not his mum(LOL)

I'm sure he will get an excellent grade!

Hugs and X

Dragonstar said...

Ben's done some really fine work Debbie. I'm particularly taken by his use of light in the clown series. He deserves a really good grade.

DLSarmywife said...

Debbie your son is a phenomenal photographer!!! I am sure his project will earn him a great grade!

rosanna said...

So good of him! You are rightly proud of him, he is so talented. Tell this to him from me: COMPLIMENTS!

Eva Russo said...

Debbie, Ben is really talented! I love the work he did. You have all the right to be proud of him!
My compliments to Ben.
Hugs,

Eva

Related Posts with Thumbnails