On a previous post, I showed you the Moppe Boxes from IKEA, that I've been decorating.
I've still got quite a few to do and a bookcase to paint. But I'm getting there. Nikki & Wendie, have also been decorating theirs, pop over to their blogs for a peek.
Over the Weekend, I've also been working on the strip of soil that runs down the side of the cabin. Its approximately 16ft long by about 5ft wide. It has got totally over grown and was completely full of weeds and other old Rubbish. It all started great, until I managed to uproot the water pipe that runs down to the Stables and Yard. It was a case of water, water everywhere. Luckily, I hadn't put the fork through the pipe, but as I lifted it, thinking it was a huge root, the pipe came out of the connector. Thankfully, it was just a case of turning off the water, undoing the connector and reinserting the hose. I then dug a channel to see where the rest of the pipe run, so that I didn't puncture it with the fork. There is also an electric cable that runs through this bed, but that's in armoured cable.
Back breaking work, as there is so much slate in the ground, I could hardy move on Monday, but I'm so pleased, that I actually managed to do something constructive again. I've laid some old cardboard on the top, to suppress any weeds, until I can get the wall back up, compost on there to build it up, plant some sweet smelling plants and then mulch with either bark or gravel. There is also a little fence going up, to stop the Dogs getting on there. I couldn't do anything out there yesterday, as we had more drought, falling from the sky..