Monday 27 August 2007

Miniature Fruit Salad...








Been working on miniature fruit salads today. Made some pineapple rings & then baked them so I could chop them up, without losing the definition on the rings & it helps them look more realistic in the serving dish.. As luck would have it, I had already made some oranges & other fruits & they were in my stock box, along with my canes. The canes look great when there done, but boy do they take time to make. Its like making sticks of Rock, you start with a big lump and after much squeezing, pulling and banging on the tile you end up with a miniature cane. Once you start you can't put it down as the clay becomes cold and less malleable. Found some lovely glass dishes that Ed had hand blown for me & decided to use them. The second picture is me putting all the little pieces out on the board, before I stick them down. I fiddle around with the bits for ages, before I satisfied they look ok. Well you can see for yourself in the pictures. Once they were stuck down, I've used a gloss varnish on the cut bits so they look wet & also used gloss varnish in the serving bowl which sticks them together & holds them in the dish. I was going to use some liquid Fimo, but couldn't find it. I'm working on a couple more & I'll upload some pic's when their finished. Will be putting them on Ebay this week....
Had an email from my cousin Rose today, she has recently moved and only just got her Internet access back. She said that she'd been up to see my Mum & Dad's headstone & it looks lovely, so that's a weight of my mind. The Stone Mason's did send me some pictures of it finished, but I'm glad someone has seen it, cause you can't really tell by pictures. Hi Rose if your reading this, hope your be very happy in your new home.
Also had a text from the Boot Sale Queen, saying that they were coming home today, they've been away to the Forest Of Dean, and that she'd been to a Boot Sale and got loads of bargains. Can't wait to hear what she's brought. She does love a bargain does our Tash....
Rang our other friends Helen & Ray tonight to see how the move is going, everything progressing nicely now, there has been a few hiccups along the way. Their really looking forward to moving, more space, with a huge garden for Alfie & the dogs and finally some off road parking, bliss....
Mick and Harry have been up the top field today in the jeep to take some wood up to build a field shelter for the ponies. You can bet your life when its built they won't go in there!
Ben's been catching up with the programmes he's recorded on sky and on & off his computer all day. He's now on the phone to Katie. She's just started her own blog & I've put her link on my blog, so I can read it. Hi Katie.. Katie is Ben's girlfriend & their forever on the phone. God knows what they got to talk about all night. If ever you try to ring here and the phones engaged in the evening, its not me chatting but Ben.. Just ring my mobile and I'll get him off the phone & ring you back....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails