Tuesday 8 July 2008

Decades Concert..

Just got back from a concert at the boys school. The concert celebrated the music of the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's and 2000. From the sixties we had Surfin' USA, I've got You Babe, California Dreaming and a medley of Do Wah Diddy Diddy, Only want to be with you, My boy Lollipop and Daydream Believer. Then came the seventies, Ladies Night, Whispering Grass, SOS, Pick Up The Pieces, Children Of the Revolution, Blame It on The Boogie. Two of the teachers sang Whispering Grass as Windsor Davies & Don Estelle, all dressed in their Khaki's and Pith Hat. For the Eighties, I Fought The Law, Take My Breath Away, Material Girl, True Colours & Baggy Trousers. The Nineties was Angels, Stop Right Now, Everything I Do, I Do It For You, Runaway, Back for Good. The female teachers dressed up as the spice girls for Stop, right down to Gerry in her Union Jack Dress. Then 5 of the male teachers performed has take that, you ought to have heard the screaming! We was then brought right up to date with Where is The Love, Smile, Can't Get You Out Of My Head, Crazy Chick and I Don't feel Like Dancin'. What a fantastic night. I congratulate all the children and teachers for all their hard work to make a really good night out. Needless to say they all got a standing ovation at the end of the evening. It was a total sell out, so much so, they are having to do another performance tomorrow, for those who couldn't get tickets for tonight. Wish I'd taken the Camera!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails