Sunday 18 July 2010

Bread Pudding Recipe...

I've just emailed this recipe to one of my Mini Friends, Susan and I thought I'd share it with everyone, in case anyone else would like to make it.
If you do, please let me know how it turns out.
I double this recipe when I'm making it, otherwise I get moaned at cause there's never enough.

8oz or 225g Stale Bread
5oz or 110g Currants, Raisins or Sultanas. (You can use a mixture of all three or what ever you have in the cupboard).
2oz or 50g Brown Sugar
Half a Teaspoon of Mixed Spice
1 Egg
Milk.

Preheat your Oven to Gas Mark 3, 170c.
Tear Bread into small pieces and soak in Cold water for one hour.
Strain the bread and squeeze out as much as possible.
Place the bread into a bowl and mash with a fork. Add the fruit, Sugar and mixed spice, mix together well.
Add the egg and as much milk as necessary to make the mixture sticky but not too wet. It should drop easily from a spoon.
Pour the mixture into a well greased baking tray, spread out and sprinkle the Surface with more Brown sugar.
Bake in the Oven for 1 Hour.
Check after one hour that the pudding is cooked by pushing a knife into the middle. The knife should come out clean. If necessary cook for a further 15 minutes.
Once the pudding as cooled down, sprinkle with Granulated Sugar..

The pudding stores well wrapped in Foil. (not that it lasts very long in this house)...
Enjoy...

10 comments:

Christel said...

Hi Debbie. It looks like a great recipe. Brown sugar does the trick and give it a great taste I would imagine. Wish I had some stale bread;)

Jayne said...

This looks really lovely - one I will definatly try!

The Old Maid said...

Thank you for sharing the recipe with us Debbie! It looks yummy!:)

onbeingaminimum said...

Mmmmm....bread pudding I love it. A real childhood favourite.

Kathi said...

This looks yummy enough to get me out to the store for some eggs and milk! I'll try it later today! Thanks!
I LOVE bread pudding! :D

Whittaker's Miniatures said...

Yum me too, but Im the only one that likes it so I dare not make it or I end up eating the lot lol! I can only make cakes that I dont like to eat or once I start thats it, the sweet tooth cuts in ! Kate xx

rosanna said...

I use to do it nearly the same way but I use milk to soak the bread in. Then I add grated lemon zest and vanille. We all love it and sometimes I buy extra bread just to have it ready for the pudding. Hugs Rosanna
PS nothing in the mail?

Ara said...

looks wonderful!! Wouldn't it be great if we could all share our favorite recipes with each other??! Just wish I was good at cooking!

Tallulah Belle said...

My mom used to make bread pudding but hated squishing the liquid out of the bread...guess what one of my childhood chores was. And I don't even like to eat it lol

Mick loves it though so maybe I"ll make some for him.

May said...

Termino de hacerme seguidora tuya y echando una mirada me he quedado chupando la pantalla del ordenador al ver el cake tan bueno que has hecho. Voy a seguir mirandolo y con tu permiso, voy a copiar la eceta para hacerlo en casa.
Besitos, May

Related Posts with Thumbnails