Monday 3 February 2014

Desdemona's Home For Orphaned & Abandoned Dragons & Other Magical Creatures ~ 10

 I'd like you to meet a little Green Monster.
 It all started with a picture of some little Monsters.
Now, I haven't played with the Clay for quite a long time, not through lack of trying, but since I've been on my Heart Meds, my hands are either too hot, too cold or too swollen. I started off with a little Egg shaped blob and made some legs. The Egg shape was going to be, an egg on legs. But he sort of evolved. I did nearly squish him at one point, as he just didn't look right, but I stuck with it.
I think he's now got more Dragon Features, then a Monster, maybe he is a mixture. Maybe a baby Monster/Dragon, well dalliances do happen.
His little Head moves, well it actually turns 360 degrees, but his limbs don't move.
For my first attempt, I was pretty pleased with how he turned out, maybe on the next one, if there is a next one, I'll try to add limbs that do move. He stands about 2inches tall.


But I think you'd all agree, he does looks quite at home, in Desdemona's..










4 comments:

Giac said...

Hello Debbie,
Wonderful work. he is terrific.
Big hug,
Giac

Marisa said...

Debbie,
He does look like a dragon more than a monster. great job playing with clay :)

Hugs
Marisa

BlacknickSculpture said...

He's a cute little bugger Debbie! Cool how you gave him a moveable head!

Eliana said...

Amazing! I loved it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails