Saturday 14 December 2013

Scrapbooking ~ For Queen & Country ~ Part 5



 This is a very special page, in Harry's Scrapbook. While Harry was at AFC, one of the Lads in his Room & Section died. He collapsed while doing the Cross Country Course and never recovered. His untimely death, not only profoundly affected all the Lads & Lasses at the College, but also, all the Parents. His Mum gave all the Lads in their room, a card to remember him by. Harry wanted it in his scrapbook.
I started off by making Poppies from Card, but they were too hard. So instead I made them from Tissue paper, to give them the softness and appearance of real Poppies. The centres are black card circles that I scored, with a brad in the very centre to hold everything together. I didn't have any black brads, so used Black embossing powder on some Silver brads, which worked really well. I layered the Poppies, over a self adhesive Lace that I already had in my stash and cut and layered the Angel wings from a Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Die and gently dry brushed the edges. I laid these either side of the card.
R.I.P Rory.



 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails