Friday 15 March 2013

Wheels, Cogs & Watch Parts


A long, long time ago in Blogland, I wrote a post about Watch parts. I wanted a few wheels and cogs to build an Orrery, for Diagon Alley. Well Grace from Treefeathers, who makes beautiful miniature books, kindly sent me some. They have languished, in my to do drawer for ages, well years actually. Ben borrowed them for a project, he was working on and I finally got them back, last weekend. So this week, I decided to have a go at taking the watches to pieces. Easier said then done, but I've managed to remove quite a few of the cogs and wheels from the main body of the Watches. The more you look at them, you can see how decorative they are and to think they are hidden away in a Watch case. Some of the cogs are tiny.
I also purchased some Laser cut wooden cogs, from a shop on Ebay, to use in my Scrapbooks & on my decorated boxes. The person who sells them, also sells lots of other Laser cut pieces. I have some beautiful Keys and Escutcheon plates from the same seller. They would look fabulous in Steampunk Crafts. I need to get some thick metal wire or tubing, before I start putting everything together. But at least I can see what I've got now...










1 comment:

Maria Blanca "AyamontinoMaria" said...

¡Cuantas ruedas! Vas a poder hacer muchos trabajos... Me encantarĂ¡ ver el resultado. Un beso

Related Posts with Thumbnails