Friday 11 January 2008

Friday Friends...

Went over to see my friend Di today, she's not been very well lately. It was great to have a chat and catch up on all the gossip!! Not that there was a lot, but ha, you know what us women are like when we get together!
Got back home at about 1pm.
Had a phone call from my cousin Steve to wish me Happy Birthday, it's his birthday today. Happy Birthday Steve hope its a good one, and try not to get to drunk...
Then went to meet Tash this afternoon at the school car park so she could give me my Birthday Cards & Presents. Its my birthday tomorrow. Can't believe another year has passed so quickly. Managed to get a huge smacking kiss from Brandon, but Tyler wasn't having any of it...
Does sleep talking and walking run in families? When I was young and still living at home with my parent's, I used to sleep with my door wide open. But I had a habit of when my Mum & Dad came upstairs to bed, I would sit bolt upright, with my eyes wide open. It used to totally freak my Dad out, and he'd say to my Mum "Kay, she's doing it again." Then my mum would just stand in my doorway and say its ok, go back to sleep and I'd lay down again. My hubby Mick talks in his sleep and you can hold a conversation with him. So I think we have passed both traits on to Harry. Last night about midnight, I went up stairs to bed. Harry's door was wide open which is unusual, as he normally only leaves a small gap. So I go to close it and Harry sits bolt upright in his bed and says "Mum, I need to get the thingy!", I said "what thingy, are you talking about Harry", he replies "You know the thingy that goes inside the other thingy!", he's out of bed by now. So I said "its ok Harry, we will find the thingy tomorrow, its time to sleep now", at the same time I'm gently guiding him back into bed and trying to get him to lay down. He then says "I really need the thingy" and promptly lays down and goes back to sleep. I asked him tonight if he remembers anything about last night and he said he remembers me closing his door but not our conversation... He does this quite often, especially if he falls asleep on the sofa and you try and wake him to go to bed, he will start totally random conversations and we have to guide him up the stairs and into his bed. Ben thinks the whole thing is hysterical and will talk to him about anything to see what he will come out with... I just hope he doesn't start sleepwalking..

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails